Even if you haven’t had the best luck with plants in the past, that’s no reason to give up on having a greenery-filled home. While certain houseplants are very finicky and seem to die as soon as you glance in their direction, others are hearty, resilient and made for people whose thumbs aren't exactly green. Here are just a few.
- Succulents. The desert native succulent plant is beloved by many for its very sparse watering schedule. Because it only needs watering once a month or so, this trendy houseplant is perfect for forgetful owners.
- Aloe plants. The unique looking aloe plant is another one that doesn’t need much watering (or even much sunlight). Simply give it a bit of water when the soil feels dry to the touch.
- Cast-iron plant. There’s a reason this great plant has a name that’s tough as nails: the cast-iron plant can tolerate everything from low light to changes in the atmosphere like a champ.
- Snake plant. The high-reaching snake plant (sometimes called mother-in-law’s tongue) not only offers a stylish, impactful look, it can also survive in low light and with sporadic waterings.
- Jade plant. This gorgeous plant will live for years without much care at all, eventually growing into a small tree with a large enough pot.